From:
Bill Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:17:45 -0800
Saturday night, 10/26, Lane Area Ferret Lovers held their first Halloween
Party.  We had a costume contest for the ferrets and one for the humans.
Truth to tell, though, more ferrets came dressed up than humans!  We had a
witch, a bat, a snake, a stegosauras, Balto pulling a sled, a devil, a punk
rocker, a 50s girl in a poodle skirt, a super hero, a sailor, a pretty girl,
a clown, and the four Musketeers - and those were just the ferrets!  In
addition to the great turnout by club members, a local TV station came by to
get some shots of our ferrets.  We had a 50 second segment at the end of the
11:00 news on KMTR, an NBC affiliate, here in Eugene.  The camera man was
nice enought to juge our ferret costume contest.

We had a great time, talked a lot about ferrets, and got some good
publicity!  I'd say that was a good night's work!

Have a happy Halloween!

Melanee Ellis
Lane Area Ferret Lovers