From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:28:10 EDT
Hello everyone,

Well we are doing it:))) Jodi, Paula and myself are now officially the
newest Rescue and Shelter in NM.  We attended the Pet Expo yesterday, and
have a good start with people who are interested in helping and are wanting
to learn more about Ferrets in general.  In order to make some $$$ we had a
raffle, and Paula made some Hammocks to sell.  Not bad first time out in
public, and we made about $150.00.

A big THANK YOU to Goodheart's Little Buddies for the donations she sent us
for the raffle.  Also to Jason Hill for the neat stuffed Ferrets he
purchased and donated to the raffle.

After talking to the shelter people in Carlsbad, it looks like we will have
a great working relationship.  We already have our first rescue in, he was
dropped in a night drop-off just NW of Santa Fe, NM.  By having people both
in Albuquerque and in Santa Fe it is much easier to work with the northern
part of the state as well, since there is no one up there.  One little town
told Paula...Ferrets???  We don't have any of them here in our town!!!  Can
u believe an Animal Service person told her that???  Yeah right...we will
believe it when we see it.

Just thought we would let everyone know, that we now exist.

Hugs to the fuzzies:)))
Paula, <[log in to unmask]>
Jodi, <[log in to unmask]>
and Mini