From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 20:58:01 -0400
I understand the security concerns of some when it comes to social
media sites. Until recently, I never used any social media sites for
just that reason. I have (very recently) started using FB with the
hope that between my security software, and hopefully improvements
that FB may have made that my computer is safe.

I also understand that there are people who want to help those in
need, and unless they have webpage design experience, and an ISP that
provides them with web space, that those people are going to look
to something like FB to run their auctions. While I don't know from
personal experience, I have heard that sites like EBAY have become
unfriendly towards these kinds of efforts. People who do not want to
use FB can always donate to the shelter in need, or look for other
ways of helping out that do not involve FB.

I do have 2 complaints of my own, however. When I visited the site,
I was unable to find out how people are supposed to bid on the items
offered. It may be that this problem has been corrected since my visit
or that because I am still learning how to use FB, I just need someone
to explain this to me, but it would help if somewhere on the FB page,
the manner of bidding was explained.

My second complaint is that on 1 day, I received over 15 notifications
of various items one person had listed, and for each day since, I have
received additional notifications. The first notification told me that
there was an auction for the shelter. Each additional notification was
spam, and the more I received, the more annoyed I got. As soon as I
figure out how to stop these notifications without stopping
notifications that are not spam, I will. In the meantime I have set
up my webmail so that all additional notifications from this person
will be reported to my ISP as spam, and will not arrive in my inbox.

So, to those who are holding these auctions, consider the people
who you want to participate, and don't spam them. Over 20 email
notifications in 3 days is excessive, and at least for me, very
unwanted. Oddly, I have not received any notification from anyone else
who might be listing things to help. I don't know if this is because
there are not any others, or because they are considerate enough not
to spam people.

Danee DeVore
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
See - http://www.ferretadv.com/
Owner of The Clay Ferret
Quality Kits Raised With Love