From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:32:28 -0500
I have an wonderful pair of fuzzies that I just adore to pieces but ever
since I acquired them both together this past January, I've noticed that
the sable female, Sasha (5 yrs) has had a persistent and rather yukky
smelling ear wax problem and moreso in her right ear than left ear.  She
was treated for ear mites about 2 months ago and that's long gone and her
last vet check-up was about 2 weeks ago but she received a clean bill of
health and the vet said there was nothing abnormal about the ear wax
level or odor (and even did a follow-up ear mite check that came up
negative).

I'm checking both fuzzies' ears regularly and do a quick, gentle clean
of them with cotton swabs and cotton make-up remover cloths about 1 time
a week with Bramton Ear Cleanser (was given it free) but am certainly
willing to try another product if something else works better.  Is there
a better ear cleaning product on the market that will more effectively
reduce the was amount AND odor?  Am I cleaning too often?  I know I'm
being gentle and not cleaning too deep but the wax builds up so often
I've noticed that I can't do just a simple topical sweep over just
outside of Sasha's ears.

Any suggestions at all?

Funny thing is that Snowball the male (same age) has virtually no wax
present ever and very clean ears and they sleep together so I KNOW it's
not mites.  What to do?????

Jen, Sasha and Snowy whooping it up in KC, MO . . .  Blessings to you!