From:
"Richard Buckley, Margaret Ransome" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 1995 18:34:18 GMT
I have never really believed that ferrets could kill cows, until the last
few weeks that is.  We now know that they have an effective arsenal of Fast
Extreme Range Rapid Engagement Tactical (F.E.R.R.E.T.) Missiles.  There are
at least two models of this missel; a light highly manuverable battle field
version (code named BUSTER) and a larger area denial version (code named
KANE).  Information is sketchy but the following specifications are known:
launch weight - 0.5 to 0.75 kg; maximum velocity - supersonic; loiter time
in target area - until something more interesting is happening; passive
countermeasures - able to mask presence by using battle field terrain and
remain hidden, effective camouflage as harmless indigenous fauna (SPEEDBUMP
mode); active countermeasures - a wide variety of acoustic emissions
including low frequency pulses, high pitch noise bursts, and loud screams to
confuse the target defences.  The BUSTER version has been observed in rapid
and effective attack-withdraw operations against canine targets.  The KANE
model has been seen effectively driving these same canine targets into
headlong retreat.  Obviously the selection of a canine target indicates
early development of these weapons systems.  There is some conjecture that
both models have been under development for less than 3 months.  This seems
unbelievable, but if true, then the maturing of this weapons program could
mean grave consequences for cows every where.
--
Richard, Margaret,
Smokey, Pixie, Boots, Ping, Sassy,