From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 22:35:01 -0600
I had a ferret named Moxy who I would bring to my mom's nursing home.
Even as a baby, he would sit still in people's arms while they held and
petted him (he was a wildman at home tho!). He just seemed to know he
needed to be calm. My mom had alzheimers and he was so sweet and gentle
with her. He seemed to know who needed his attention and love. He
especially loved kids. I wanted to get him certified as a therapy pet
but I found out that ferrets can't be certified for that (at least not
in Minnesota). I suppose not a lot of people think that ferrets would
be good at being calm under those conditions. I would think that there
are lots of good ferrets that would qualify. if given the chance.

Barbara

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
unawakened." Anatole France