Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 14:44:36 -0400
Hi all

Peanut continues to enjoy his new surroundings.  He got to meet Grandma, who
is NOT a ferret person!  We had her sit on the bed when we got him how to
introduce him to her.  Don sat him on the bed and she jumped off the bed.
Peanut bounced and dooked and jumped off the bed at her.  Grandma LEAPED
onto the bed (now this is a 71 year old woman!  <g>)... she was scared to
death of him!  (Can you imagine???) She would rather see him in pictures
ONLY!  says he's very cute but doesn't want and up close and personal
experience with him..  OH WELL.... ANYWAY..  she had gone with Don to the
computer room to see our new home page and I accidentally left the top cage
door unlocked.  Peanut wasted no time leaving his cage.  The doors to the
bedroom were open and Phoenix was roaming around.  We heard a commotion in
the hall and found Phoenix herding Peanut and preventing him from going down
the stairs.  She had actually come to the door of the computer room to let
us know something was awry.  She never made any move to harm Peanut in any
way but kept him in check until we could corral him!

Peanut has learned to climb to the top of his cage and leap across the two
foot span to the bed.  The first couple of times he was a bit tentative
about the leap but now is fearless and just comes bounding across the bed,
chattering and dooking..  He's still trying to find a way to clib to the top
of the headboard (we keep the Pepsi there out of reach).

As I mentioned earlier, our home page is up and running and we finally have
the critters' pictures up as well.  If you have a chance, please stop by and
see what we've done so far.  We haven't completed construction yet... still
have many links to add and a few other pages.. but we'd appreciate comments
on our work so far.

Address:  users.aol.com/riley7/page/home.htm

Hope to see you there.

Peanut and his folks and his pet Chow, Phoenix