Date:
Thu, 03 Nov 1994 14:10:57 -0600
Brad,

        My vet suggests about an inch of laxatone/Catlax given once every
other day, as opposed to your once a week.

        I believe that a ferret's digestive tract clearing time is only about
3 hours, but I don't know how long a hairball can stick around without being
a severe problem -- the problem is that they get stuck at the curves in the
digestive tract, and ferrets tracts are so small to begin with.

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee, Trella and Tribble
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96