From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:29:55 -0700
I just sent out a reminder about joining the Buck a Month Club.  Now I
would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone of the club.

I run Ferret Corner Shelter in Arizona.  It is a small shelter and run
from our home.  A couple of months back we rescued (paid for) two ferrets
in a bad pet store.  They needed surgery.  Then we got in 8 ferrets in
a week and several needed surgery.  Plus our permanent resident Buster
needed surgery and then found out he has insulinoma during the surgery.
Well, while we were adding the vet bill up and up and up..  Shawn (my
other half) lost his job.

Our vet was working with us on our bill (thank goodness!).  Then, in the
mail, comes a check from SOS.  They were donating money to our vet from
the BaM club funds.  I was floored, shocked, happy and I cried.  I kept
thinking that other shelters need this more than we do.  How could they
just come up with money and send it to us for our vet?  Oh yeah, the BaM
club.  Every single member who donated help 2 of our shelter ferrets have
surgery.

I cannot begin to say thank you enough to every member of the BaM Club.

http://www.geocities.com/shelter_ferrets_in_need/bam.html

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz