From:
Cathy Sitek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:46:59 EDT
Hi all,
I've never posted before but, I drastically need some help.  Does anyone
know what's going on with the refunds from the Western Carolina Ferret Show
that was scheduled to be held April 29th?  Gary and Judy Skinner postponed
it until June 17th.  We (myself and another friend) requested refunds
before the date of this 1st show.  We were told we had to wait 90 days!
Huh?  Anyone know why?

As far as I know, (and my lawyer confirms) this is illegal.  My check was
cashed on 3/29 so this group (Gary and Judy) have had my $$ for almost 3
months now.  I will not be attending the June show, nor will my friend.
Not returning our money is considered mail fraud and is a Federal offense-
so the US Postal Service says.  As the Skinners collected monies through
the mail for an event that did not take place.  Not returning our funds is
ILLEGAL.

What have we done to get our $$ back?

We started with E-mails to the Skinners.  Then phone calls.  Each time we
got an excuse or was told the check was in the mail.  Guess what?  No
check.  We were told that Gary is still ill.  I feel for them~really.  Then
get someone else to write out the checks!!  We were then told they had to
check with AFA about the checks clearing.  Well, both of us called AFA
several times~they didn't even have the courtesy to return our phone calls.

Both my friend and I have E-mailed Vickie McKinney.  She answered a couple
saying it wasn't her problem.  They were just sanctioning the show.  Now,
she doesn't even respond to us either.  Really makes me want to show with
AFA again~seeing how they support their exhibitors so well.

Are we getting nasty now?  SURE!!  Wouldn't you???  Just wondering if
my $$ have been spent and are gone forever and why AFA can't help or won't.
Maybe if they said to the Skinners "Refunds or no future sanctions" we'd
have our $$ back??

I am posting this to see if anyone else has had the same problem and to
warn all of you still planning on going to the June show this weekend.
Good luck!  Hope it goes off as planned or you may not get your money back
either.

The most recent conversation my friend had with Gary ended with Gary saying
it was a game now with them (Are we having fun yet?) We know they have
selectively returned some monies.  So we are being persecuted for asking
for a refund?  Why?  Gary also hung up on me when I simply asked "WHEN"
our $$ would be arriving.

While I sympathize with the personal problems they have been having, I feel
this is still no excuse for keeping our $$.  I really don't want to pursue
this with the Postal Service-should I?  Any help here would be appreciated.

Cathy Sitek
Try some scentsational scents-they're sensational!!
www.scentsationalscentsbyc.com