Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:05:12 -0700
I am more than a little upset at some information I just received about
MD felony cruelty laws.  Recently, a man was busted in MD for having over
2,000 animals,...all reptiles.  He had a warehouse where he was keeping
them, many snakes were loose in the parking lot.  I know the rescue that
took in over 400 of these animals.  Can anyone even begin to imagine what
it would be like to take in 400 of ANY kind of animal???  Over 200
animals died.  It is beyond comprehension that MD law still functions to
protect this sick excuse of a human being.  He is NOT being charged with
felony cruelty.  I have heard that "felony cruelty" is most commonly used
ONLY for pit bull fighting.  What the #*$@#(@#*?????  The rescue can not
even begin to try and find homes for these animals until there is a
hearing.  HE MAY BE ENTITLED TO GETTING THE ANIMALS BACK!.  What do we
have to do in this country to make our government see that a life is a
life?  That there is no separation between human and animal?

I'd like to go on but a storm is brewing and we've already had one modem
cooked this month.

Ciao for now,
Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue