From:
Debbi Searing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 08:43:58 EDT
I wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded about my poop problem
(or rather, my ferrets' poop problem :-)  I've also read some recent posts
about people trying to treat their ferrets for helicobacter the same way I
was supposed to originally treat Molly, with the flagyl, pepto, and amoxi.
The problem was, she was getting so stressed about getting the meds, and
so depressed, that it was making the ulcers worse.  The vet said then it's
probably not worth it, but that means she still suffers from the helico,
doesn't it?

Casper is getting back to normal, and both he and Merlin are having pretty
normal poops.

Anyone else's ferrets shake and shudder so bad that you can't give them
these horrible meds?  I know when I had to take flagyl once, I puked it
right back up every time I tried to swallow it!

debbi