Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 03:10:19 -0500
In my 10 plus years of owning many ferrets never have I had this problem
appear with a ferret.

My 4 year old male started having eye problem....it got worse with-in a
week.  Ok I take him in to Dr. Meakin (excellent DVM in the Cincinnati
area) this past Monday.  The eye is examed and the pupil looks ok but
lump behind eye about the size of small marble.  Eye very bloodshot.  The
ferrets rubs eye on blanket quite often.  1/2 cc baytril followed with 1
ml of Clavaox 2x day.  I have made sure he got exta water.

Today is Thursday and still no progress even with eye wash made with
barberry that I made for him.  Here is my question and I hate to ask.
..how does a ferret do with only one eye??  This may be the answer for my
wonderful ferret if he doesn't get a little miracle soon.  Anyone out there
ever seen this problem before????I would love you to email me and would
also love to hear from a DVM.  He is eating good and his stool is ok.

Email me at the above address or
dscott3606@hotmail.com..

Many thanks,Debbie