From:
Joy Lenay Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:34:50 -0500
Okay, I've searched the last year of archives (since I only want the most
current information) and didn't find what I was looking for so here I am
to ask some questions.

My Woody will be 10 this year and presently he is on 1.0 ml of pediapred
twice a day for insulinoma.  He has a very hard time walking and I have
to lay his butt down to eat because the poor little baby has a problem
with his backend getting away from him while enjoying his Bob C's Gravy.
I really think Bob C's food is his sole purpose for living.  Anyway, I've
read a lot in the archives about the max dose of pred, but have not ever
read exactly what that max dose is?  I will be seeing the vet by Monday
(when the diazoxide she ordered comes in) and I'll ask her then, but I
thought there would be different opinions on this subject.  Also she said
the dose for the diazoxide would be 1.0 ml twice a day ... is this what
most people would start out at?  I wish I would have read the archives
before I talked to her about diazoxide because since they have not gotten
it in before they had to "track" it down and it's on it's way but I have
no idea what the cost is going to be.

some ferrets may nip, but some people just suck.