From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 09:13:50 -0400
On Friday August 25th 1995 at exactly 3:35PM.  Buddy Bear (on of our shelter
ferrets) literally dropped dead.  We had his body to the Vets within 45
minutes.  His body has been autopsied and tissue samples were sent for
pathology.  Due to this Sudden Death and Dr. Brenda Ernest's recommendation
 we have temporarily shut down the Ferret Friends of Indian River County
International Shelter until the pathology results return.  We expect the
result on Friday September 1, 1995 and will let you all know the results.

I don't normally talk about the ferrets who cross Rainbow Bridge -  for me it
is to emotionally painful to discuss - but in this instance I feel it may be
critical to get the information out about our beloved Buddy Bear.  Buddy Bear
would have wanted us to do that.  We love you Buddy Bear - thanks for
spending a little bit of forever with us.

STORMS  - everyone should monitor the Weather Channel regarding the four
tropical Storms out there.

SWEET SAM:  The Ferret that founded Ferret Friends of Indian River County
International Shelter goes in on Thursday August 31, 1995 for a Spleendectomy
(spelling).  If you get a chance say a prayer for her.

ADVERTISEMENT ISSUE:.  Ferret Friends Disaster Response International will
put forth all those companies that actively support us by rushing supplies to
areas struck by Disasters - it is my hope that when I post those companies,
people will seriously consider supporting them by purchasing products from
them.  One company in CALIFORNIA has been extremely generous  So watch for
our lengthy post.

OBSERVATIONS. Since 1991 we have had several Ferrets pass over Rainbow Bridge
 It  has become apparent that other animals have been severly physically
effected by their passing.  With Buddy's passing the following things
occured.  All ferrets in the shelter became totally QUIET - no Dooking,
Chortling for two days.  The most sever physical problems happened to my two
dogs - RAGSDOG - within 5 hours of Buddy Bear's passing he had a terrible
case of Colitis (this also happend when 3 other ferrets passed away over the
last year and each Colitis attack was withing 8 hours of the ferrets
passing). MAXDOG - within 2 hours of Buddy Bear's passing Maxdog developed
Diaherra (this lasted until last night - Wednesday August 30th 1995).
Maxdog's diaherra attacks have been like Ragsdog's Colitis - they occur
within 8 hours after a ferret has crossed Rainbow Bridge.   For those who are
wondering - there was no change in either Maxdog or Ragsdog diet's before,
during or after any of the ferrets passing.

FINAL WORD.  When a beloved one pass'  it effects the entire household
whether two legged, furred, or feathered.  Those left behind exhibit both
emotional and physical problems.  special care and time should be taken by
the two legged to confort the furred and feathered for they suffer as much as
we do.

Your Friend

Chere McCoy
President Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International