Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:28:27 -0000
Hi there - I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on using organic,
lactose-free, plain (not vanilla or chocolate) soy milk as a soup additive
( I mixed it in with Nupro pet powder for my kids).  The nupro, for anyone
unfamilliar with it, is a pretty gritty powder that you mix with water (or
something) to make a gravy for the ferrets (avail from TFS).  Soy is
supposed to be good for people, and I know it's probably not a good primary
protein source, but I think it would be better for them than mixing it with
water.  Also, it makes the gravy creamier, which my picky girl appreciates.

So, just hoping for an opinion - I don't recall anyone discussing this
before.

(ingredients of Nupro = Norwegian Kelp, flaxseed, primary grown yeast,
dessicated liver, bee polen, garilc concentrate, steamed bone meal,
lecithin, lactobacillus acidophilus)

(Soy Milk Contents: filtered water, organic whole soybeans, naturally
milled organic cane, calcium carbonate, sea salt, natural flavor,
carrageenan, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin D2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 -
2.5 g fat, 8 g carbs, 7 g protein, and 80 cal per cup)

Thanks!
Melissa
Mishka & Buttons