Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:33:46 PDT
Hello everybody,

I live in CA and I have a lot of people calling me to find homes for their
ferrets that they don't want to keep anymore.  Normally I have no problems
finding homes for them, until yesterday.

I received this phone call from a (so-called) lady.  She told me that she
had a female ferret that a friend of hers had left with her when she moved.
The little ferret was probably 4 to 5 years old and she was keeping her in
the bathroom, because she was too messy when she was out in the house.  The
ferret was supposedly very sweet, but she didn't have time to deal with it
because she had two little kids and didn't have time for it.  She had it
now for about 3 month and needed to find a home for it.  The catch, the
little ferrets tail was bald and the back was starting to get bald.  She
had taken it to the vet and the vet suggested adrenal and wanted to do some
tests, but she wasn't willing to pay for it.

SHE WANTS ME TO FIND A HOME FOR IT.

Now, normally, I take in any stray and needy animal, but I just paid about
$300.00 for a Lupron shot for one of my ferrets and one of my others is
starting to get a little light on hair, so I think she needs to have
adrenal surgery.  I can't take in this ferret when I know that I have no
way of getting her the treatment she needs.  I swear, if I had the money,
I would not hesitate to spend it on the poor animal, but my vet bills
(not just for ferrets) are more then outrageous at this point in time.
Everytime I think I am getting ahead of it, fate drops another sick kitten,
puppy or whatever on my doorstep.  I can't say no, when I see an animal
suffering.  That's why I haven't gone to see this poor thing, because I
know I would take it home.

Now, for my question, is there anybody out in the ferret community that
would be willing to take in this poor creature.  I know I could find a way
to get it even out of state if need be.

Or maybe somebody would have some suggestions on how to handle the
situation, lord knows I don't.  And give me a couple of more hours and I
probably will pick it up, but I do need to find a home for it.

Please if any of you could help with suggestions, or a home, write me at
this address (of course this is not my regular e-mail address, but I have
to be careful with Fish and Game).  I'll get back to you right away.

God bless you all and all the little critters,

CARESCUE