From:
Kim Langford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:40:24 EDT
Well I know I haven't posted in awhile and to be quite honest I'm like a
month behind in reading the posts, but I'm posting today with a plea for
help.  I feel I have failed as a ferret mom, but then again I think maybe
for once I agree with Ed on something.  Maybe sometimes a ferret is just
bad and there's nothing that we can do to change it or figure it out.  I
have the most gorgeous silver back panda that I have ever seen named
Shadow.  (otherwise known as Satan or Demon Seed) Now my problem is he
loves to bite.  At first I thought he was just scared of people, but now I
think he's just a blood lush.  I have tried everything I know or have been
told and nothing works.  I've thumped noses, I've used bitter apple, tried
time-outs, tried seperating him from the rest, hell I've even tried using
Jalapeno juice in place of Bitter Apple and nothing, I repeat nothing
works.  I can't even stick my hand in the cage without being bit unless I'm
wearing a glove.  I don't know what else to do.  As I've said i've tried
everything and I've reached my ropes end.  Now my husband has brought up
having him put to sleep, but I can't bear the thought of that.  I have
finally faced up to the fact though that we can't keep him.  Now here is
my plea.  Maybe he and I just don't mesh well and if someone else tried he
would respond, I don't know but if someone out there is willing to try more
power to them.  If a shelter wants to then we would be willing to adopt one
or two (non blood drinkers) to help with expenses.  We live in Ft. Smith
so it would have to be within a weekends trip from here.  I have had
contact with the Peterson's (spelling?) so if you guys are interested
contact me.  I know we never made it up there last time but my hubby has
vacation time coming up so that would make it easier.  Well warm wishes to
all fuzzies and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Kim, Dave, and the five fuzzies
Spazz-  "I'm the prettiest aren't I mommy?????"
Sampson- "Mommmm gimme that coke can pleeeeease  I gotta have it"
Sugar-  "Can you believe the nerve of these humans not letting my play in
         the ash trays?"
Stubby-  "Hey leave me alone I'm trying to sleep here"
Shadow-  "Hey look a bare foot!!!  BLOOD!!!!!"