From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:47:00 -0500
Hey everybody!

I recently discovered two cleaning tools that may be of interest to
shelters in particular (get your holiday wish list ready!).  Eureka (the
vacuum company) makes both of them.  The first item is the Enviro Steamer-
it is a steamer vacuum made specifically to clean bare floors (e.g. sealed
hardwood, linoleum, etc.).  It cleans and sanitizes using only hot steam,
no chemicals.  The second item is the Hot Shot, a hand held steamer that
you can use to sanitize just about anything (cages, litter pans, fabric
bedding, etc.) again using only hot steam.  The floor cleaner is around
$100, and the hand held is about $80.  Naturally, I had to go and buy both,
and I love them!  My ferret room smelled so much cleaner after I steamed
the floor.

You can check these things out at the Eureka home page
(http://www.eureka.com), and they're sold at a number of chain stores.  I
also found them on-line at
http://www.allergyasthmatech.com/ourproducts/comp.htm.

My only advice- if you're looking into the Enviro Steamer, make sure that
you get the Deluxe version.  It's the newer model with a square head
instead of the older one which has rounded front edges (the Deluxe model
gets into the corners much better).

Disclaimer-  I don't work for any of the above folks.  I'm just a cleaning
freak!

Happy ferreting,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/sageferrets