From:
Nataly Sagol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 18:42:19 -0700
HI TO ALL!!!!
My name is nataly and I'm very new in this all FERRET "thing".

Ferrets are a real discovery for me.  I am an Israeli who came to NY to
study, and I don't think we have ferrets in Israel.  I hade no idea that
these animal even existed (I couldn't even find the name for it in the
English-Hebrew dictionary).

About a month ago I saw a picture of a ferret in an animal- magazine.  It
was simply love from first sight, so two weeks ago I went and bought the
most wonderful six weeks old kit in the world (but I guess I'm a little-bit
subjective about this...  :-) )

I have been reading the FML for a about a month already and I read all
the FAQ, but I still have three questions (at least I'll begin with only
three).....

First, can anyone recommend a good vet for ferrets in manhattan, preferably
in the west side but any where else will also do.

Second, is it really illegal to own a ferret in NYC or is only a matter of
getting a license?, and if it is, how do I get one?

And third, I would really like to "talk" (I guess I mean by email) to any
other ferrets owners in manhattan and maybe even meet in the park, so my
ferret will have other ferrets she could play with (till now she got to play
only with dogs).

And one last thing...  Are there any more Israelis on the FML?  because I
would really like to "talk" to you, especially about the process of bringing
my ferret back with me to Israel, when I'll complete my studies (I don't
even know if this is at all possible, or who can I contact in order to find
out about it).

You can send your responses strait to my email: [log in to unmask]
And I can only say that my kit (her name is Psy.D which stands for Doctor
of Psychology) and me, will be very grateful to you :-)!!!!!!!!!!

THE NEW UNSEPERABLE COUPLE: NATALY AND Psy.D