From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:06:58 -0500
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in forever, but my Eddie is having health problems
that are driving me (and my vet!) to distraction. He's around 5, and
was diagnosed with adrenal a year or so ago. That's actually pretty
well under control at this point with Lupron (values showed up
completely normal in his recent bloodwork), but for the past few months
he's had terrible diarrhea on and off. The past month or so it's been
almost constant liquid, and he's wasting away. He's had several fecal
tests done, always negative. We've had him courses of both Flagyl
(blech!) and Albon (yum!), no change. Last vet visit we had a complete
blood workup done, and his liver values were off along with low BG,
but nothing offering a clue as to the constant runs. They did an
ultrasound, which showed some irregularity in his pancreas but nothing
else jumping out. He's now on Prednisolone (which he HATES!), and the
vet is hoping that it'll have the added effect of calming down the
inflammation in his intestines. Been a week so far with not much
improvement to speak of. It's incredibly frustrating, because he's
eating like a piggy, but he's just not absorbing any of it; it's
running right through him, and we don't know why! Around this time last
year he weighed 3 pounds. He's down to 1.7. Does anyone have a clue as
to what could be causing the chronic runs?? I never heard of it being a
symptom of insulinoma, but am I wrong? Can anything be done? It's just
awful watching him waste away in front of my eyes. Thank you so much
for any information!

Rachel, Eddie, Valentine, and Asa