From:
Alice Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:23:23 -0400
Fannie is deaf and from Path Valley.  She turns 7 this week and has
had no other health problems all these years outside of sensitivity
to distemper shots.  I give credit to Path Valley for that much.

I wrote Path Valley six years ago to alert them to the hearing problem
and the need for more careful breeding.  Since they did not respond,
there was no accusation that amounted to my trying to rip off the
company.  I'm angered to hear they did this to Robert Marshall.

Deafness makes ferrets more fragile than they already are for various
reasons.  Fortunately, information and encouragement from the FML and
other sites has helped the situation.  Ron and I love Fannie and she's
having fun in spite of her hearing loss.