From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:18:29 -0800
Thanks Kris and Lynn for your helpful and informative emails. I always
appreciate your assistance in Ferret Giving Tree issues--I need people
with cool heads to respond, cause I know I'm going to sound bad
sometimes.

We have had a TREMENDOUS number of emails bounce from people who have
picked ferrets from the Tree. Please make doubly sure you have put
your email address in correctly. Also, I'll say it again, give me at
least 24 hours before you start yelling at me. I am a person who runs
a shelter, has a 40-hour a week job, a husband and friends, also on
Friday I had to have one of my personal ferrets put to sleep, so I was
in no mood to deal with anything. I WILL reply to all emails. YOU have
to do your part, though too, and make sure the email address you have
used is correct; it's so easy to transpose characters when you are
rapidly typing because you are so excited to choose that particular
ferret! I know, I've done it myself enough times!

To the person who was upset that they had picked several ferrets from a
particular shelter, but her email address was bad and lost out on one
ferret--what is stopping you from still sending whatever you had
ordered for that ferret to him/her? Just because someone else is the
"official" Santa doesn't mean you can't send presents too. I know that
with these economic times, shelters need all the help they can get (I
know we need as much support as we can get)! Please send the presents
anyway or pick a different ferret from that shelter and BE REASONABLE;
your being rude doesn't help my disposition toward researching why the
problem occurred.

GAAK! I sound so prissy and pissy. Sorry, I really do love dealing with
people regarding the Tree; it's just those occasional ones who get my
back up.

Thank you all for your tremendous support of the Tree this year! Quick
stats:

Waiting For Santas = 173
Waiting For Confirmation = 3
Have Santas = 232
Passed Away = 2

All the ferrets from Tree 9 have been taken YAY!

There are 71 shelters registered -- please remember you have until
November 30 to register and post ferrets.

Thank you all for participating in the 2010 Ferret Giving Tree!

Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Admin.