From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:02:32 -0800
And to all of you who are going to accuse people of being PETA supporters
(or send me nasty emails to that affect), I am NOT a PETA member or
supporter, however, I do feel that they do good things on some fronts.  I
read about a situation with a family's pig who was running in a state park
here in Washington.  The ranger of the park shot it, because he could not
catch it.  This park ranger had seen this pig MANY times and knew it was
a pet, not a wild pig.  When I called the park PR person to find out why
the pig was shot, she justified it as "we cannot have feral pigs running
around our public parks destroying vegetation".  Vegetation?  This park
allows horseback riding and various other activities that destroy
vegetation.  It is not comforting to me to know that the park rangers can
shoot and kill whatever they view as a "threat".  Campers pose more of a
"threat" to the park system and destroy far more vegetation than any
animals.  Please.  I contacted PETA about this and they are/were looking
into what happened.  Pig is dead and the family is devastated.  I hope
PETA does something...they have the power of many.

Those of you who are writing about MF and the atrocities there, please
contact me and we can brainstorm the next course of action to take.  I
really want things to change but cannot do everything myself.  Let's
change what we don't like!

I agree with BIG, this debate can rage on and on with no resolution.
However, I do feel that some education comes from this especially those
who are looking to adopt.  Perhaps those looking to adopt will go to a
shelter instead of buying from a pet store, thus creating less supply of
farm ferrets.  There can be a resolution though and good things can come
from these debates, such as those who oppose the practices banding
together and taking on the farms.  That is what I propose.  Any takers?
As long as this debate remains CIVIL, I see no harm in it.

To the person who asked about Totally Ferret food...it is really good food
and most vets recommend it in my area.  Other great food is theferretstore
Superior Choice.  Both foods can be obtained at their website:
www.theferretstore.com

If you are unsure of the ferrets liking it, ask for a sample.  They are
friendly and I am sure will take good care of you.

TTFN