From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 22:52:53 -0500
>Shelters That Adopt and Rescue: STAR* is the organization of shelters that
>was put together mostly by Pam Grant.  She is located in Annandale, [VA]

I'm not sure where Bill meant the emphasis, but STAR* was concieved in 1991
and became network developed by me (most of you have heard of the STAR*
database listing by now)- the shelters, ferret owners, breeders, vets, and
humane associations who SUBSCRIBE to the newsletter and receive help/support
where I can offer it, are totally independent.  No rules, just right.  We
get along with everyone who wants to get along with STAR*.  We are not a
"club" and therefore not competion to "memberships" or "show associations".

To read more details about STAR* Ferrets check out our Web page:

http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/~rpoore/STAR/STAR.html

Pam Grant