From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:21:37 -0400
Apologies for the typos. Obviously, *I* was the one who quoted what the
Danish experts were saying. I wrote to Bill Gruber, the hard working
FML moderator, to correct that, but know that he might be too busy to
do so. Anyway, I think people can read around typos...
[Don't read too hard -- it was corrected. BIG]

Also, since I didn't recall how long Kim had been around or how long
she'd had ferrets (having met so many people through the years) so I
checked. She joined in June of 2007 (a year ago) and in her first post
it says that her first ferret was then only a year old at that point,
so she has about two years total experience with ferrets at this point
and only one with the FML:

That means that she might well have missed the almost daily reports I
made to the FML and FHL back when there were a number of problems with
bad ingredients in kibble -- though I don't offhand recall when the
melamine came from China. Perhaps not having that background might
make assumptions easier...

Still, I guess she must be reading on only an occasional basis to miss
the full range of later recalls for which I have given links including
recently, and I figure that perhaps assumptions and accusations based
on fragmentary reading are probably better checked than inflicted on
either the target OR on the FML membership.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: