From:
"TinyPrintsOnTheHeart.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:07:41 -0500
I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone know what a shelter goes
through.  This is our latest stories.

Right before Christmas, we received alot of sick ferrets.  They include:
Reba, Murphy, Potter, Peyton, Cinder, Snow, Crystal and George.  We also
have Iggy, Isabelle, Irwin and Anna.

Iggy and Isabelle were my first ferrets.  Both had Adrenal, Isabelle
also had Insulonmia.  Both recovered from their surgeries, but now Iggy,
who had her surgery in July is now having other issues.  Yesterday she
was breathing really hard.....I took her to our vet in Phila, only to
discover she has fluid in her chest, a large mass around her heart, which
was pushing on her heart.  We removed as much of the fluid as possible,
but she is not out of danger.  We are sending it off to be looked at.
Iggy has been just a delight.  She came into the shelter in September
2003.  My first rescue of 9 ferrets.  Her and her sister have a HUGE part
of my heart.  I am just devastated at the thought she may leave me either
by natural means or if she is suffering, by me having to make the
decision.  She is still full of life, but I know her days are numbered.

Potter, if you have been following my pleads for donations, had surgery
on January 5th.  It seems he has other issues, which were masked by his
Adrenal and Insulonomia problems.  He is unable to walk even after
surgery, a severe balance issue.  We have treated for mites, ear
infection and now he is on a $50.00, 2 week dose of strong antibodies.
I hope this helps him.  His quality of life consists of staying on the
bottom of the cage so he is near the food and water, and not making it
to the litter pan all the time.  He can't walk around because his balance
is so off.  He should have had his issues dealt with probably at least a
year ago, however, I only got him right before Christmas.  He is another
ferret, I might have to make the heartbreaking decision to send to the
Bridge.

Now there is George.  George came to me, way too late.  He had advanced
Adrenal, his feet covered in feces.  We tried our best to save him this
Saturday, by aspirating a lemon shaped cist in his stomach area, but
their were just too many cists and infection throughout his body.  He
just was not coming around after surgery, and I had to make a decision.
George was only here for 2 weeks, he was suppose to come into me about
4 weeks before that.  I feel had I gotten him about 4 weeks earlier, I
could have saved him, but I did not.  George passed over, with assistance
to the Rainbow Bridge on Saturday January 29, 2004.  He will be laid to
rest in the spring in our Rememberance Garden.

Shelters see alot of good, but we also deal with alot of heartache.  Some
of the ferrets only have been with me for a short period of time, but
from the time they step their little paws into my home, they have a place
in my heart.  Just keep that in mind this Valentine's Day and be sure to
thank a Shelter Mother or Father for the work they do, and for opening
not only their homes, but their hearts to these sick ferrets.  Not only
do these ferrets take a toll on them financially but also on them
emotionally..............

Marguerite from TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
Have A Heart, Purchase Shelter Made/Sold Items On Ebay or Shelter Stores!
Donate To the SOS!

TinyPrints On The Heart.....
TinyPrints Shih Tzu, TinyPrints Ferretry and Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/PA369.html
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm