From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:58:00 -0800
The past couple of weeks have led to some very special arrivals and
events.  I'm going to tell you of three in particular.  Three little
souls that seemed to want to follow each other on earth have followed
one another up to the bridge.  They've arrived at a very special time up
here.  Not only are we preparing for the holidays, but there has been a
spectacular celestial event.  Lets just say we have had extra lights for
this season.

The first to enter was a baby named Balthazar.  He waddled his cute
little Siamese self over the boards and towards me.  He is one of the
kind of ferrets that always looks like he's smiling.  I told him that
he is not only deeply loved by his humans but by many others that have
already arrived here.  For someone so young, he just fell right into the
flow of things.  It was easy because out of the tall grass came Komats &
Motomo, Sub Zero, and even Yowler.  All were led gracefully by Lady Dana.
The grass parted with each entrance.  And they encircled little Baby
Balthazar to give him a hug as big as his human mother would.

They took him around to help with the decor up here, and at night, they
sat on the clouds watching the arrival of the early lights from heaven.

Next I thought my eyes deceived me.  Because right across the bridge
walked the shadow of a great legend, White Russian.  Of course Russian
has been with us a great while, so it wasn't him.  This was his great
grandson Zini.  It sort of took my breath away at first.  But I recovered
when I took him under my wing and saw that he was his own little guy, not
a shadow at all.  But his own personality.  He was quite ready to be
here, and to once again be whole an magnificent.  Here to witness this
was his boy Thor, as well as Zuri, Kalina, and of course Balthazar and
his crew.  As I watched this beautiful soul meet with his family, I could
see why he was named White Russians Revenge.  Such a worthy and strong
name.  He sure had to be strong on earth to go through what he did.  And
he reflects that here.  He has joined the group, as well as other lost
friends on that same cloud each night ..... and each night they see more
and more of the special lights arriving in the sky.  Everyone is getting
quite excited.  It's really hard for the ferrets to concentrate on
putting up Holiday lights when the heavens are shooting it's own lights
across the sky each night.

Lastly, a sweet love finally placed his paws onto the worn wooden boards
one by one.  His name ... Fagan.  Fagan was came into this world with a
blast, on the millennium.  And now he is leaving with just as big of a
blast.  Fagan regally walked towards me and an immense group behind me.
In front was Lady Dana, and by her side was Balthazar.  Lady Dana told
me that Fagan was the epitome of a ferret father.  I was told that the
very site of him helping and doting on such tiny delicate little kits was
truly something to behold.  Lady Dana told me that he was so good with
them while they grew.  I walked up to him, curled my wings around him and
whispered that his mother didn't know he was leaving.  If she had, she
would have held him and rocked him to sleep.  With a tilt of the head,
he asked me how to help his mom through her horrendous grief at loosing
so many of her babies all at once and especially during a time that is
supposed to be so happy on earth.

I told him that if she knew they were all together ... together for
eternity and held in the arms of the powers above .... she'd be able to
heal some.  I told him the rain would wash away some of the tears.  And
if they'd be kind enough to visit her in her dreams and in her thoughts
she would be less lonely.  I reassured him that time is so fast here,
and that she would be arriving here herself, happy and together with all
her loved ones ... forever.

In the meantime, this business has come here to witness something great.
On a distant cloud they gathered.  And the peak of a great meteor shower
began.  Streaks of light skipping over the skies like pebbles across a
lake and fireballs diving towards the earth leaving smokey trails.  You
could see the reflections of the even in all their eyes, just like star
dust glittering.  That's how they should be remembered.  Together.
Whole.  Free.  Part of everything, even the star dust left behind by
the falling stars this month.