From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:32:30 -0500
Well, I don't know why people have more than one fuzzy.  Guess its kind of
an 'addiction'?  We started with Socks, less than 3 weeks later had Kit
(she was just sooooo cute), then we got Genie & Scully (there they were, in
that 'fish tank' wanting attention), then for Christmas Larry & Sara got
me Calvin & Suzy Derkins (2 teeeny little babies), and of course all are
gorgeous.  At this moment my heart is stolen by a beautiful badger stripe
at the Pass Pets here in town.  He/she is 4 months old and really big.
Why don't I get this cutie?  Well, vet bills for Chewie are there and
first things first.  One of these days, though, gonna have a badger stripe.
(this one at the pet store has a white tail, dark tip!) AUUUUGGGHHH.

For all who've e-mailed me concerning Chewie.  He's doing great!  The fluid
is gone from the heart and chest cavity at the moment, and he's gained
weight.  The vets were amazed at how he'd progressed from the week before!
He has to go back for a check-up next week, but Larry got me a stethescope
and I can listen to his heart and chest, and he's doing great.  He's even
playing a little with the ferrets, wrestling with Tigger, being "slinky
cat" on the stairs again, and the way I know he's really better is---when
I don't get up when he wants me to, he pulls the blankets back, moves my
night gown collar, grabs the chain my St.  Christopher & Miraculous Medal
is on and starts tugging!  He's doing it again!!!!!!!

To all who have lost their beloved babies, my heart goes out to you.  To
all who have sick kids, hug them and take care.  To all the rest of us
fuzzy controlled hoomans, give 'em all a hug.

By the way--HI SKEETER!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca & the other two human slaves
Socks-okay, open the jar, give me the treat, nobody gets hurt
Kit-Mom!  Flip the blanket again so I can chase it
Scully--Treats, chase babies yes!
Genie---Treats, chase everybody!
Calvin--Run, get the kitten, get Suzy, chase the blankets.......
Suzy--I'm cute, I'm here, open the treat jar, flip the blankets--Hey
      Calvin, wanna see me fly!
Chewie--Mom, I'm sooo much better!
Dribble and Sarabi--What is wrong with Tigger
Tigger--I'm the oddest looking ferret(Oh, you say I'm a cat?)

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"