From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 16:08:34 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, missing, or angeled Puppy Pouncers...

>Does anyone use or recommend a carry sack? I am looking at getting one
>for my ferret. I like to take him to the park for walks when it is nice.
>I was looking at a carry sack to keep him in until we get to the park or
>when he gets tired. I am currently using a pet carrier, but it is akward
>to carry.

I found that, with some effort, it was much easier to simply put a good,
secure H-harness and leash on my ferrets (one at a time, of course!) and
teach them to park on my shoulder until we get to our destination.  If they
show a desire to get down, I put them on the ground and hold the leash,
letting them explore until they get bored or tired.  They've learned to
either walk in front of me, then 'speed bump', or come up to my leg and
put their front paws on me, to let me know they want up.

This way, you keep your ferret where you can SEE them, you can let them
investigate whatever strikes their fancy *and* you can show your ferret off
to each and every person that happens by!  It also solves the problem of
your ferret being able to see everything, they get to smell everything (be
careful of sprained noses from over-use!) and they get all the fresh air
they can stand!

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]