From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:23:18 -0400
Yesterday I wrote asking advice about Stash hacking up a clear liquid.
Shortly afterwards, we noticed something unusual in one of his poops, and
upon examination, found a twisted up rubber band and a bit of some orangy
slime that may have been a piece or a balloon.

I recently read or heard on TV something about toy balloons being
biodegradable/digestible to prevent harm to animals and the environment due
to massive releases of helium-filled balloons.  Anyone have any information
on this?  I'd like to be able to keep balloons around the house, as they're
a favorite toy for the fuzzies.  Psycho especially is getting to be a pretty
good volleyballer.  (We try to get all the bits as soon as there's the
inevitable pop, but we obviously missed one...)

Stash is OK, back to normal, and we did a thorough job of checking out all
the various corners and hideyholes for other bits of rubbery stuff.

I'd suggest that everyone else take some time to do the same.  Mookie had a
serious blockage a few years back, and it wasn't fun for him or us.

Stan & Terrie, with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil, Cocoa & Stash in Toronto