From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:54:51 -0400
Our fuzzbutts love to walk on a leash.  If we are not near a road, heavy
brush, or other people or animals, sometimes I drop the leash and let them
drag it.  Sebastian prefers to stay by me on walks anyway.  And neither of
them can move faster than I.  (I have the advantage of longer legs, but not
faster ones :)

One warning, if you are in a public place, especially a park, hold on to
that leash tight.  Too many people let their dogs run loose in parks.  I
would like to bring this up with many of them.  So many people claim that
they can control their dogs with no leash at a distance of fifty yards.
They never know how many dead squirrels and rabbits they leave behind them.

-Catherine Shaffer