From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:55:51 EST
The several notes this week, especially the one from Great Britain, on
keeping ferrets outdoors beg the question, WHY?

Why have a ferret, or ferrets as is usually the case, as pets if you keep
them outside all the time?  True, their ancestors lived outdoors in
marginal shelters, but so did our human ancestors.  We're domesticated, so
are the ferrets.

Ferrets thrive on interaction with humans.  An occasional visit to an
outside shelter can hardly be classified as interaction.  Bring them
indoors!  You'll be amazed at what wonderful houseguests they make.

[WA]