From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:01:57 EST
(Continued from Part 1 of 2 Parts.)
Part 2 of 2 parts
[Moderator's note: Maybe the previous post was upposed to be part one?
I dunno... what you see is what I got.  BIG]

Washington State Ferret Ass'n Up and Runnin' Part 2 of 2 Parts

The bacterium, H. mustelli, is found primarily in the stomach where the pH
is low, characteristic of an acidic environment.  It is not found as
readily in the intestine, since the pH of the intestine in not low, but
near neutral or even basic.  Thus it is certainly curious how an acidic
loving bacterium can survive the trip through the 72 inches of ferret
intestines and live to contaminate other ferrets via its own feces.
Curious indeed.

Judy Moon, the second distinguished speaker, was very emphatic on her
strong admonition, to wit: Don't breed you ferret if you love it!  Raising
kits is very difficult, she said.  Also, as a matter of policy, she stated
that no refunds are offered to adopters of her babies in the event the
adopter returns the baby to her, which is, I assume, standard policy with
most ferret breeders hereabouts.

To Edward's amazement, upon introducing himself, to a young lady named
Felicia (?): she drove all the way from Spokane, Washington to Bellyvue
(the understomach of east Seattle) to attend this WSFA meeting.  Wow, now
that's dedication.  My highway map shows that to be a road trip one way of
281 miles.  She operates a shelter in Spokane, which at times, has housed
up to as many as 70-some ferrets!  And get this: she spends 2 hours playing
with each ferret per day!  That's just fantastic, wouldn't you say?

Lastly Edward should like to congradulate Mr. Michael McKinley, et al, for
organizing the Washington State Ferret Association and today's meeting of
the 24th January.  Most importantly he deserves acclaim for pulling
together (as best as he can) all the many diverse factions that seem to
exist on the left coast of the USA.  Why this is I don't know, but the
intensity of "love" for the ferret and the sincerety of belief of many
different souls that their way, by God!  is the only way to raise and
nurture ferrets is, MY way.  This intensity of belief in that MY way is the
only way and the authoritarian subsumed "expertness" coupled with a very
thin skin (one who is extremely susceptible to criticism) seems to be a
chilling recipe for avarisciousness, dislike, and hostility.  Thanks to
Michael McKinley, et al, his "people-handling" skill is outstanding.  It
would appear from this perspective, as Edward sees it, Michael McKinley is
a true hero on his way to fame and ferret benefaction.  It would appear to
be a foregone conclusion that he will pull in to the WSFA even the wurst*
of us.

Today I joined.  See!

Edward Lipinski, ein Arbeiter fuer Frettchenvergnuegen!  [G.] a worker
for ferret satisfaction!

*Wurst [G.] sausage, but pronounced as "vorced" as in "divorced."  Well,
almost, but that's close enough.