From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:23:17 EDT
Whether ADV is rare or not... it is a dark cloud hovering over all our
ferrets future.  Let's try to prevent the plague..the aids of ferrets.
Many of us have read Dr Williams posts, and Judy's posts, et.al. on ADV.
That's a great great start. :)  I'm encouraged.  I listed some things
everyone can do in the past.

Ok well its time for one of those things I listed.  A website has been set
up for ALL to use and benefit from.  This site is concise, and easy enough
for any Joe off the street to understand about ADV.  It is visually
striking.  On the site are pages such as a links page, a medical page for
further examination, and links to the wonderful story pages/sites of Judy
Gronwold's Living With ADV.

Here is my plan... here is where the Wolf is on all fours begging.  Please
accept this gift.  My plan is to have this site on ALL ferret sites.
Anyone that has a site that has ferrets... anyone that knoooooows of ferret
site... please, please please... take this gift.  Put this site on your
webpage.  Please do not have it listed in a list of links.  Please have
it announced somewhere on your site and then linked by button, words, or
something eye catching.  A united effort toward public awareness and
education is very important here.

After being away from the ferret world for ten years... to come back to WS
and deafness polluted in so many genetic pools in ferrets (even some sables
with white markings), to come back to ECE.... this is all an unpleasant
shock.  But ADV... if unleashed... will be.... there are no words for what
it would be like.

So take a look at this site, a combined effort from fml'ers... later I
after a study comes out towards November, I will be putting up that report
plus very indepth medical information for those that are interested.

This isn't a whole lot to do... and it might accomplish so muuuuuuuch.
thank you ahead of time for considering this challenge.

http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/adv-straight.html

There is an adv links page on my site, and links to judys pages on my site.
The main page Adv straight up..will have a link to both the links page and
judys adv pages, so that if you put up the main Straight up page all will
be right there.

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/