From:
"M. Marcinkowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 00:27:32 -0500
Hi folks, one of our ferrets lost some hair on his tail.  He is a neutered
male, about 18 months old.  Since the guy had a tendency to mount every
ferret (or cat) that he could put his hands on, we thought it was the
adrenal disease... However, the X-rays showed that he probably has a
retained testicle!

Our vet wants to make sure that his adrenal glands are OK before she removes
the testicle.  She called the number given in the FAQ (615-974-5638), but it
no longer seems to be in service.  She ended up making some twenty phone
calls to various numbers at the University of Tennessee - they promised to
call her back but never did.

Has anyone ordered the Ferret Adrenal Panel from them recently?  Does anyone
have the new phone number?  We could do these tests at a local lab
(apparently they test for exactly the same hormones as they do at the
University of Tennessee), but these inefficient vampires want more blood
than the poor guy has got (twice as much, to be exact)...

Thanx,

Monika & Matthew Marcinkowski
Edmonton, Alberta