Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:31:35 -0500
Hi There,

It's Marlene at RFRL- we've been using Lupron since 1999- our vet gives
the 30-day depot injection,and he gives the entire 500 micrograms.
We've found that:
A) we're always seeing the symptoms disappearing from 14-16 months
and sometimes longer,
B) the older the ferret, the less effective the Lupron.

The oldest ferrets we've given Lupron were both 8 years old- One was
a late-alter "retired" breeder ferret- he lived another 8 or 9 months
after his Lupron, the the other ferret was a simple MF boy. Again, he
lived a few months later, then went peacefully in his sleep. The reason
we opted to give Lupron at these "Ripe" old ages? Both ferrets were
males- hence, swollen prostates, blockages, etc.

I know many vets offer monthly Lupron injections, or will only give as
much as the 100- 200 micrograms. Vets are just like so-called "real"
doctors, they all have their own opinions....

But these are the results we've had since 1999.

Sincerely,

Marlene Blackburn
Director
RFRL