From:
Tina Femea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 08:04:48 -0600
I'm planning on getting a ferret the weekend after Christmas.  I'm been
going around to the local pet stores, looking.

My question: Are all kits really nippy?  Or are the ones in the stores right
now nippy because they're getting handled so much, what with Christmas and
all?  One the other day got her teeth in my earlobe, and had to be coaxed to
let go.  Another one yesterday drew blood from my SO - although that was
mostly his fault, I said "Don't try to pull your finger out", and he did
anyway.  But I haven't seen _any_ that haven't at the very least nipped hard
enough to hurt.

Is this normal?  How hard is it going to be to get them to stop when I get
them home?  And am I going to be better off waiting until, say, the middle
of January, when they aren't being handled so much?

Thanks for any advice!

Tina Marie
(who has, at last, found the perfect
cage - now she just needs fuzzys to put