Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:04:05 +1000
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Yes please let's stop with the food debate.  It just isn't fun to read!

Don't people feel a little hypocritical posting things like this?

I find all the in-character role-play posts and stories, especially the
rainbow bridge ones, to be absolutely sickening.  I hate them.  So I
ignore them and skip straight to the posts that I find meaningful and
interesting, which are usually about health issue or debates exactly
like this raw/dry food one.  I'm not the kind of ferret owner who likes
that stuff, so amazingly, I don't read it.

Do I tell people to stop posting those things just because I don't like
them?  Of course not; other people find value in them (especially the
rainbow bridge ones, the ones I like the least).  To /those/ people,
posts like /that/ are important and meaningful, just like the health
issue debates are to me.  Neither is more wrong or right - we just have
different reasons for being on the list, and are motivated to read and
post different sorts of things.

I don't - and nor do you - have any grounds to say that people shouldn't
post something because I don't think it's "fun to read".  If an issue
has meaning to people, they will discuss it.  Nobody's forcing you to
read it.  If they continue to discuss it, then obviously the issue
/isn't/ closed, in any kind of practical sense.  And maybe it will go on
forever - but if it does, why /shouldn't/ it?  The continuation of the
discussion has meaning to the people who perpetuate it.  What is a list
like this /for/, if not for the discussion of ferret-related issues?

If it's about the ferrets - and it's not something which is abusive or
nasty to the point where the moderator finds it unsuitable - then just
let it /be/.

Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
http://hypercrescendo.net/foxlee/fls/
http://www.furbiddenrealms.com
http://blurty.com/users/leechimera/

Zero to Pervert in 0.03 seconds