From:
Enrique Morales <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1993 11:19:45 -0400
I'm not sure if anyone has tried what I posted a while ago about how I got coco
to stop biting. It is in one of the old issues. Well here it is again:

Essentially, they like to bite fingers and stuff. The way I got her to stop
was that when she bit my thumb, I would hold her nose with my other fingers
and yell NO! firmly. Er... make sure that it is uncomfortable, but don't
squeeze too hard. The same if she bit another finger; hold her jaw with your
thumb and yell NO! after not too long she learned to let go when I said no!
then she wouldn't bite my my fingers, she would just hiss at them. Then you
can say NO! when she bites anything else and conditioning will take care of
the rest. Of course, a good thump on the nose doesn't hurt (you) either.
**chuckle**

Enrique
and Coco