Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:31:07 -0400
Well, I suppose it was inevitable, no matter how many times we promised
ourselves "No More!!"

It is my privilege to officially introduce: Mr. Kodiak J.  Beartown III
(Kodi or Kodi-Bear for short) (Hey, what can I say, this guy just seemed
to need a long, pretentious name :) )

Yes, we've added another.  This brings our count up to five, now.  Kodi is
a 7-month old sable male with a tiny stripe of a bib, and a little streak
of white on his forehead.  He has soooo much energy.  We got him at 3:00
this afternoon.  He finally went to sleep at about 8:30.  It's now 9:30,
and he's at it again, playing with Pixie.

This little boy is quite a pistol!  I had to take the water bowl out of the
cage, because he decided it belonged on the bottom level instead of the
top.  No sooner had I removed the water bowl, than the food bowl ended up
face down at the bottom!  Aaargh!!!  He also wants nothing to do with this
whole "ramp" concept, so instead he climbs the walls to get to the other
levels!

He just stole our hearts at the pet store.  The poor guy was caged all by
himself.  Part of this was because he was older than the others (he was
quarantined for a while because of a bite incident--Yay quarantine laws!!).
But they said the main reason was because he didn't get along well with
other ferrets.  Funny, he seems to get along just fine with ours!!  He's
also perfectly socialized (OK, he nipped my arm a couple of times, but
nothing major), and LOVES to walk on a leash!!  (Well, he didn't like it so
much when I was restraining him on the bed for introductions, but it was
for his own good!!) He also loves to have his ears rubbed.  He has the
strangest dook I've ever heard.  It's kind of a screechy/squeaky/dooky
sound.  He's really a talker when he plays, too.

Well, enough gushing, back to the important stuff  ;P

Dooks and Blessings,

Becky (with Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, and Kodi-Bear)

"You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never
going to hurt."
Check out Pixie's Home Page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/3398