From:
Ann Haager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 05:37:30 -0400
We don't play a wide variety of music in the home (usually it's in the
car) but I listen to mostly Christian Rock or some general rock (from
the 80s not today's pop rock...ugh) and then we also listen to some
oldies. However, I find that the ferrets get quite energetic when we
play our Techno Classical remixes. They tend to go berserk to Hall of
the Mountain King...which isn't too bad in it's original version, but
the techno remix is totally ferret-style!

But, since we don't play much music in the home, I've found that they
like me to read to them. Doesn't matter what, I think they just like my
voice. They all have to check out the book first, flip through all the
pages and Taitou even tries to bite the corners of the book for a few
seconds (hard back only). Once I get into the reading, they go off and
play or sleep or whatever they want to do. The only reason I really
know they like it is because when I stop, they all will get up and come
over to me and nudge the book again. When I start reading again, they
playing. What's even better is that our deaf ferret...yes deaf...loves
to lay next to me while I'm in their room. He may be just following the
other ferrets, but he will get up and check on me as well when I stop
reading.

So reading and techno classical remixes are my ferrets' favorites.

Dooks & Dances
Ann