Date:
Sat, 16 May 2009 20:20:04 -0400
Regarding craigslist and other petfinder websites, is it customary/
accepted for the persons trying to find homes for their ferrets to
charge almost as much as my kit cost at a pet shop?

I've been thinking of adopting, but I can't believe what people charge,
especially if a cage isn't included. I realize that one of the reasons
they charge is because supposedly people pick up free animals, then
resell them to individuals or labs. But some people want an awful lot
of money.

If I were looking for a home for an animal I couldn't take care of, my
priority would be to find the best people, not the ones willing to pay
the most.

I can see giving money to a shelter money because they test, vaccinate,
etc., and they are non-profits.

What's the deal here?

Shron
In Memory of Rocky