Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:55:45 +0000
The 5 vets I've spoken to and have seen for one of my ferrets have all
told me that flutamide works the best. I'm not sure but if I remember
correctly, one of them said it's because Flutamide controls the right
hormones that Propecia doesn't.

However, in my limited experience with Propecia and Flutamide,
Flutamide just made my ferret look "green" in that he looked like he
wasn't feeling well and kept flattening himself and just looked like he
was going to be sick. I am giving him Propecia along with ferretonin
and Lupron depot but I can't help but to think how much better he may
be doing if I were to put him back on Flutamide.

If you can afford it because it is pricey, I would try him on Flutamide
first and see how he responds. If he's able to tolerate and does
better, I'd stick with the Flutamide.