From:
Ferrets* <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:01:19 +0100
I am writing an article for a magazine on how I perceive ferrets to be
judged at various shows around the UK and I would like to hear from other
owners outside the UK on how judging is done in other countries

At some shows in the UK the exhibitors hold their own ferrets for the
judge to see and if it is a male judge and the owner is a young, slim
female with a low cut blouse and tight fitting jeans, then you can bet
that her ferret will possible become best in show.

After attending a number of shows and seeing this done on several
occasions I no longer frequent show where I have seen this is done.
On seeing the same thing done by a judge at one of our shows, the rules
were changed so that no owner could hand their own ferret to the judge,
instead each ferret is given a number these numbers are given out on the
day of the show so that it is impossible for the judge to have prior
knowledge of who has what number, the judge then only knows what number
the ferret is and judges it accordingly, owner have to had their ferret
to a steward and the steward hands the ferret to the judge, if one of the
stewards has a ferret entered then they can not hand their own ferret to
the judge.  This is the fairest situation we have been able to come up
with up to now.  This is a similar way to which they judge with other
species in the UK.

Anyway if you would like to e-mail me privately with your views on how
ferret are judged in your country I would be very grateful, then I can
include it in my article on how ferrets are judged in other parts of the
world.

Thank you for your help.

Affiliated to Artis Pet Sanctuary, Doncaster, Yorkshire  ,UK.
[log in to unmask] Registered Charity Number 1069533.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/ferretwelfare/index.html
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/house-ferrets
http://www.geocities.com/houseferrets13uk/index.html
http://groups.msn.com/UKHouseFerretsSmallPetsAssociation