From:
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:52:09 -0400
i'll never forget any of you or the wonderful memories of all the people
who touched my life.  i'll never forget the heartfelt get well cards when
i was sick or the boxes of toys, treats and special goodies you sent me
during the holidays.  I'll never forget the kindness and support you all
showed me and the compassion you showed to my mom when she needed you.
i'll never forget meeting some of you and hearing how cute i was and
given cuddles, but mostly, i'll never forget you, just like i know you'll
never forget me.

i made it across the bridge with thanks to all those candles you lit for
me.  i'm now whole and free from pain.  i have both my eyes and i can run
and jump and play with the best of them.  i can breathe and fill my lungs
with a gentle breath.  i can even open my mouth WIDE and eat anything i
desire, even hard, crunchy treats!  i'm even chasing the hoomans up here
(like Dayna) and biting toes!  i've always wanted to do that :-) i've met
Sandee, what a NICE ferret!  Sandee has allowed me the use of the pooter
here and said we could share.

i've also seen so many others here and a lot of the shelter kids i missed
so much before.  Princess wasn't too happy to see me at first.  when she
saw me she rolled her eyes and said "aw man!  what are u doin' here?  Now
i'll never have any peace and quiet!" but then she ran over to give me a
kiss.  mommie's other kids (Akasha, Salem, Isis, Whiskey, Saigon & Winter)
were all very happy to see me and welcomed me when i crossed the bridge.
i even saw White Russian, one of my heroes.  mommie's hooman friends
Ivona & Robyn are here and taking very good care of me until my mommie
gets here.  i sure miss her already.

mommie has been real sad.  i can see her from way up here.  she cries a
lot and keeps looking into my cage.  she took out my stuffed sea otter
that she got me 4 years ago and has it in her bed.  mommie has gotten a
ton of heartfelt, loving e-mails and i know she will respond to them all
but i think she needs a little time to relax.  she's going on a trip to
Boston to clear her head on Tuesday.  mommie is also very thankful for
the beautiful flowers.  they made her smile, even if it was just for a
little while.

as for my reports, did you really think me crossing the Bridge would stop
me from being a tattle tail???  nope.  I was a "Bug" in life and now I'm a
"Bug" from the Bridge.  you can't get rid of me that easy!  i'll never be
truly gone as long as you remember me and as long as Sandee will allow me
use of the pooter up here, i'll be here once a week to tell on all the
aunties and uncles at the shelter....and mommie too when she's been bad.
SO, i'll start here......

Chyna, the little girl with anemia and a REAL bad heart went into heat.
there was no choice but to spay her.  mommie and auntie Paige knew it was
a very tricky surgery because of her heart so i went with her in my spirit
and watched over her during surgery.  she did real well and came home to
the shelter.

Luna was adopted and they took in Joey & Jewel.  they also took in 2
cuties that were about 11 months old Named Bert & Ernie.  Well, they got
adopted the same day they came in!  They also took in 4 ferrets from the
same home.  Loki is 6 years old.  His brother and sisters are 7 months
old.  i can see the worry on mommie's face when she looks at Loki.  i'll
do my best to protect him.

Druid is recovering and gaining weight at auntie Paige's place. i'm gonna
watch over him and make sure he does well.

In my memory, mommie and all my great aunties decided to continue on at
the Pride Parade in Toronto on Saturday and Sunday.  In my place, will be
a stuffed white ferret.  They decorated my "float" with my photos,
balloons and a big poster of me.  that made me feel so special.

I love you all so much and will always watch over each and every one of
you in the same way you have loved and watched over me for the last 5 1/2
years.

Much love, Harley "Bug" from heaven.

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"