From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:20:06 -0700
I am the Ferret Fairy Godmother.  After reading all of Meghan's posts, I
saw her caring, responsible and the intelligence in those posts.  When I
decided to e-mail her, so I could get her phone number and personally speak
with Meghan.  I decided, remember 'I decided', that she would be a loving,
caring, thoughtful and giving young woman.  Since, she has the sense to
make something of her life by attending one of the best colleges in Texas,
I decided, she was responsible enough to be owned by a ferret, that she has
been visiting for a long time.  There was a bond, between her and Dervish
already established and I decided, she was the right person to have
Dervish.  What you don't know is, all the while she was visiting Dervish,
she did her home work on learning about ferrets before having one, she was
also buying all the necessary items to make Dervish welcome in her home.
After I spoke with the Manager of the pet store and heard from his mouth,
what he felt about Meghan and her character - I decided she was ready.  I
hope from this list of almost 3000 fert owners she has the chance to gain
even more knowledge and not FLAMES, to hurt her and make her feel, we won't
be here for her, as we are for the other almost 3000 fert owners.  She
knows, I will always be available to help her again.  If money is always an
issue, not to be owned by a loving person, I guess all the rescues,
shelters, etc.  should start putting down their fertkids and no donations
would be necessary.  I thank all the rescues and shelters for the hard and
sometimes thankless jobs for the caring of their fertkids.  This is in no
way, shape or form, putting you (the shelters, recues, etc.) down.  It's
meant as a comparison of needed many, for any animal.  Meghan is
responsible enough to set aside needed funds for Dervish, she also knows
she can't count on Dervish having all her shots.  She is taking care of
that.  She has NO time limit to pay me back in case the funds are needed
for Dervish.  So instead of putting her down or questioning MY DECISIONS,
be there for when she needs advice or help.  Remember there are a lot of
so called owners, out there who have not done a 1/3 of what Meghan has.

Meghan, remember I am always here and I'm sure a lot of other FMLers are
too.  Some I consider very good friends.  Do not be swayed by any critics,
if you need help I know you will ask.  No one on this list, was ever an
expert when they obtained their FIRST FERRET.  By the way Dervish is a
wonderful name for a LUCKY ferret.  If you see my son on campus, tell him
mom said Hi and sends her love.  All the best to you and Dervish!

Fairy Ferret Godmother