From:
Lisa Patnaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:59:09 -0700
>From:    RRC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Q-N-A: The Whole Tooth About Cavities
>Allowing a ferret to chew softened bones will go a long way to help keep
>teeth clean (just boil or pressure cook the bone if you obsess about bone
>splinters), but the best way is to limit cereals in the diet...
>Bob C and 16 Mo' Toothy Tubedogs

Dooks to all,

My four fuzzies still have nice, white teeth and I want to keep it that
way, so it's time for a little preventive maintenance.  What type of bones
are best (beef, chicken, etc.)?  What type don't have to be boiled, do have
to be boiled, and for how long?  Is the only reason for boiling them to
prevent splinters, or to kill bacteria as well.

Thanks,

Lisa and the gang