From:
Jan Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 07:02:36 EST
To Ethan's Owners,

Sorry, I took the e:mail home with me yesterday, so I can't respond
personally.  As former skunk owners, we had the same problem with our Penny,
that is, biting clear to the bone and not letting go.  I ended up having to
take the rabies series because my tetanus shot was out of date (long story).
After we had Penny spayed, she came out of heat and did not bite any more,
except for the last time when she was scared by fireworks.  We had her 3
years and she was exceptionally gentle and loving.  She bit twice in that
time.  Is Ethan neutered?  That could be the brunt of the problem.  Just a
suggestion.  Skunks are great pets, and I would hate to see you have to lose
yours, but by all means, keep him away from children, especially other
people's.

Jan