From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 20:19:05 EST
I'd like to wish everyone and our ferrets everywhere a wonderful 1996 both
on and off the FML.  It's been quite a year on the FML, and there are over
900 more subscribers to welcome today than at this time last year.

That's 900 more people to learn from and share with, and 900 more opinions
to appreciate.  I think I heard about 100 of these opinions in the last few
days regarding the posts about FML content; some of them rather surprising
in their strong language.

I got a fortune cookie today.  The fortune read: "Strong and bitter words
indicate a weak cause."  I got a chuckle from that, even if not totally
accurate here, but the FML was on my mind and I frankly don't understand
what all the strong and bitter words are proving.  In any event, the topic
is CLOSED for now - please don't send in more posts about this.

I'd like to start 1996 off with a shared resolution to make the FML better
than ever.  I hope you'll all join in.

Happy and Healthy 1996 to all.

Bill